The most significant horticultural focused event on the industry calendar is being hosted in Hastings in May 2022. The Field Days date are still to be confirmed for 2022 and this page will be updated as soon as possible
Proudly organised by the Hawke’s Bay A&P Society, it is the only event in the country exclusively dedicated to the horticulture sector. For two full days, industry professionals and enthusiasts will gather to workshop, network, conduct business, and share the latest trends in education and innovation.
The most significant horticultural focused event on the industry calendar is hosted in Hastings in May 2022.
One of the reasons why this event is based in Hastings is because Hawke’s Bay is a primary sector powerhouse and accounts for two-thirds of all apple and pear outputs for the country.
New Zealand’s wide range of horticulture products are exported to over 120 countries worldwide with an overall industry value estimated in excess of $8.8 billion. Many of these products and industry leading companies will be on show at the national event.
Key highlights from the 2021 event included:
• Hawke’s Bay Young Fruitgrower of the Year Competition
• Business to business networking, education and career development programmes and seminars
• Women in Horticulture feature
• Inspirational Secondary School educational programmes
• Increasing opportunities for Hort careers across all bands of employment including labourers through to mid and senior business managers.
• Increased number of national trade exhibitors and linkages to other horticulture regions
• Two days of seminar sessions with key-note address
• Featuring over 80 horticulture focused trade exhibits
• Corporate engagement sessions
• Interactive displays of new and innovative machinery
• Innovation and Environment Awards
Stay turned for more information on the 2022 event.
The National Horticultural Field Days create a genuine opportunity for industry networking, business to business interaction, education and overall showcasing the horticultural industry’s demands and requirements within New Zealand.
The need for a horticulture-specific trades show, and industry meeting point is obvious and as we continue to grow, it is imperative that we stay connected to the industry to ensure the event delivers what they need.
This event creates opportunity for professional development, innovation and technology to be showcased and getting face to face with stakeholders in the industry including students, on the grounds workers, entry level personnel through to mid and senior managers and CEO’s.
The National Horticultural Field Days brings the horticulture community together for a business opportunity, whilst celebrating horticulture in New Zealand.
This is your opportunity to celebrate and grow your business as we come out of theCovid-19 environment and capitalise on the desire to participate in a well-respected, industry outing.
Running over TWO packed days; May 2021, we are proud to offer you the opportunity to book your site at next year’s iconic trade show. Our first right of refusal date for Returning Trade Exhibitors is 31 March 2022. From the 1 April, all unconfirmed sites will be available for general sale.
Click here to register your interest in exhibiting at the event or contact Samantha Greene, Events Assistant on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2022 Information to come!
Watch this space in early 2022 for all of the Visitor Information for the 2022 National Horticultural Field Days.
2022 Competitions Information
Watch this space in early 2022 for all of the Competition Information for the 2022 National Horticultural Field Days.
The team at the Hawke’s Bay A&P Society are passionate about growing the knowledge bank and capability of the Primary Sector with our future generation.
We recognise that due to an increasingly urbanised population, many students do not have direct links to farms, orchards and food production systems, which in turn, means that their understanding of future opportunities may be limited.
The Hawke’s Bay A&P Society see the exposure to future possibilities vital to attracting young people to the wide variety of career options and career pathways to encourage employment in the Primary Sector.
The ‘FutureUp’ Education Programme for secondary schools, is run through the National Horticulture Field days to give students opportunities to interact with horticulture businesses in Hawke's Bay and across New Zealand.
· Held at the National Horticultural Field Days
· May 2022
· Venue: Tomoana Showgrounds Hawke’s Bay
· Each group of secondary school students will engage with and rotate around a variety of interactive 15-minute modules hosted by industry experts
· Opportunities provided to network with industry professionals and further education providers
· Free of charge
· High schools are invited to bring their junior school students along; aged 13-15 years. Other ages can attend by arrangement.
· Future Up is designed to appeal to students with cross curricular interests obviously from Ag and Hort classes and also including students studying math's, finance, science, social sciences and students who know they have an affinity with food producing but are looking for their niche.
· Education staff including teachers, HOD’s and Deans or Careers Advisors. Develop an authentic understanding for opportunities within this billion-dollar industry and grow vital links with key people.
· Connect with industry professionals and tertiary education providers.
Click here to register your interest bringing students to the event or contact Samantha Greene, Events Assistant on email@example.com for more information.